Today , after a seriously long deployment at slideshare we have released URL and email upload. These add to the exisiting means of pushing content into slideshare. Let me list the ways of pushing content into slideshare.net ..
- Normal uploads
- Single – works on all machines
- Bulk (multiple uploads at one go) – fails on firefox on linux.
- URL uploads
- Bulk – basically copy a bunch of urls, which will be uploaded to slideshare
- Using plugins – We at slideshare have made two plugins (one for firefox another for IE) which will allow the user to upload into slideshare any online presentation they like with a single click.
- Email upload – just mail a presentation and it will get uploaded to slideshare.net
So there are 3 broad ways of pushing content, the most useful among the recently introduced email upload. It will save the conference organizers a lot of headache when they give out one common email address where all the presenters can upload their presentations. This is also useful for people on the move, fire a presentation from their handhelds to slideshare.
More when it is officially posted on http://blog.slideshare.net