This is going to be a series of article about the facebook application platform, my story with it started a month back. Till now I have put in a lot of effort on this for SlideShare (Which has a sizeable audience now) . To add to it I am working on a new set of applications which will be released soon. i would love to share the experiences I had with this evolving platform till now, to strart off I would like to list out some important things before starting :
- You should understand how this facebook application set-up works. It is best explained in the wiki.
- Decide how the app should work (iframe or FBML) , this choice will decide a lot of things about your application.
- Remember you cannot save any meta information (except for photos) about the user in this facebook setup.
- You should also keep in mind that uploading files has to be done outside the facebook canvas page in an iframe. (This is an very important point for a file sharing based application)
- Last be not the least, have lots of fun while trying to build the application :) … thats the way to make it real viral (coz if ya enjoi it other people would for sure)
- Some facebook applications have millions of users, you cant miss out on this platform ….
So as my apps start showing up I will keep throwing out source code, hope this helps some guys out there.
Alert: If anyone needs to build a facebook application and needs help , dont be scared to contact me at dipankarsarkar[at] gmail [dot] com.
Facebook application homepageDevelopers sectionDevelopers Wiki (The best FBML reference)